Safe Stay – Cleaning Standards
Grand Harbor Inn and our sister properties have a longstanding commitment to cleanliness and safety for our employees and guests. On top of our already very high standards for cleaning, we have pledged to adhere to the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s new Safe Stay program. Safe Stay represents a new level of focus for an industry already built on cleanliness and service excellence. It is an industry-wide, enhanced standard of health and safety protocols, designed in accordance with CDC guidelines to meet the needs of the current public health crisis. We know that people want to travel again when it’s safe, and we want to give you all peace of mind when you choose to stay with us.
Safe Stay Cleaning Standards – Our Pledge To You
- Enhanced cleaning standards throughout the hotel, including guest rooms, meeting spaces, common areas, back-of-house spaces, and food & beverage outlets;
- Superior hospital-grade cleaning products with a greater concentration of bacteria-killing ingredients, in accordance with CDC guidelines;
- Social distancing practices and reducing person-to-person contact;
- Increased transparency and signage throughout the guest journey;
- Rigorous staff training to ensure quality and consistency of cleaning measures;
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn by employees per Federal and State regulations
As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of thoroughly cleaning guest rooms using hospital-grade disinfectants and sanitizers, per CDC guidelines, following every check-out.
Front Desk, Bell & Valet Service
Front desk agents will practice social distancing and don PPE as suggested by State guidelines. The use of technology to reduce direct contact with guests, lobby population and front desk queue will be put in place, where feasible. In addition, express check-in and check-out options will be available and contactless payment processes are encouraged. Self-parking options will be emphasized in place of valet services, and bellman services will be provided upon request using proper social distancing, gloves and sanitization as needed.
Public Spaces & Common Areas
Cleaning and disinfecting shall be frequent (multiple times per day) with an emphasis on frequent contact with hard non-porous surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, ice machines, room keys and locks, and stair handrails, dining surfaces and all seating areas.
Food & Beverage
Our traditional buffet breakfast service will be temporarily replaced with a grab-and-go boxed entree. All of our servers and chefs will be wearing personal protection equipment (PPE), and utensils and wares will be eco-friendly disposable whenever possible. For our restaurant/bar service, minimal items should be placed on guest tables to allow for effective disinfection in between each guest, including condiments, silverware, glassware, napkins, etc. For certain segments, the use of prepackaged foods and ‘grab & go’ items shall be the preferred method of food delivery.
Linens, towels and laundry shall be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines, including washing items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Where possible, launder items using the warmest permissible water setting for the items and dry items completely. Dirty linen shall be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
Your Promise To Us
- Please call ahead or book online in advance of your arrival. Currently no same-day or walk-in reservations are allowed.
- Guests will be required to wear cloth face coverings. This is especially important when social distancing is difficult (e.g. waiting in line for registration, entering or exiting, walking to the restrooms).
- If you have been exposed to COVID- 19 or have symptoms, please stay home and plan to visit us when you are well
- Respect that the social distancing and cleanliness guidelines at all of our local businesses and public spaces are for everyoneʼs protection—be safe, be kind, and enjoy your visit to 16 Bay View!