- COVID-19 UPDATE
- Best Rates Guaranteed
- Check-In & Check-Out Times
- Deposits & Cancellation Policy
- Pet Charges
- Rates & Occupancy
- 100% Smoke Free
Updated September 23rd, 2020
In response to the latest Executive Order, Grand Harbor Inn is open to all Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey and New York residents without any travel restrictions. Maine is open to all other out-of-state travelers that meet the new Keep ME Healthy Guidelines. Like all lodging in Maine we are participating in the Keep Maine heathy program. After your reservation you will receive a form that will ask you to read and understand the Keep Maine Healthy Guidelines and select which criteria best meets your situation. You will be requested to submit the form digitally prior to check-in. Click here for form.
COVID-19 testing applies only to the adults in the travel party. Children 18 and under are not required to be tested.
We urge visitors to “Know Before You Go.” Get a COVID-19 test and receive results in your home state before traveling. If you cannot, or choose not to get tested in your own state, you can get tested once you arrive. However, you must quarantine in Maine until you receive your test results. So, check with a Maine testing provider in advance of your visit for availability of tests and turn-around time for results. Testing options nationwide can be found at Get Tested COVID-19.
If you are tested in your home state within 72 hours of your arrival and have not received a result before your departure from home, you may come to Maine and quarantine until your result is received.
During quarantine, visitors may not interact with others outside their travel party or go into public spaces like shops and restaurants. They may go outside for recreation in uncrowded areas provided they abide by physical distancing guidelines and avoid contact with other people.
For example, if you can do the following a safe distance away from other people, you may:
- go for walks and hikes in uncrowded areas
- canoe and kayak
- bike on uncrowded trails
- swim in lakes, ponds and rivers
- take a scenic drive
- relax and take in the views
- get takeout and delivered meals
OUR GUEST COMMITMENT
We understand there is a necessity to guests who are still coming to the area for reasons of business or to check on the welfare of family members, and therefore continue to welcome you as our guest. Many reservations have been delayed as a result of COVID-19, and we are working with each to change dates or supply gift cards in the deposit amounts. Your safety is important and we continue to be as diligent as ever in our cleaning and sanitizing processes; More to come on this below.
Our staff have always been the heartbeat of our business and are valued so much. Each and every one of them come first, and therefore as a business we have made the decision to monitor this global situation daily. We have and continue to understand and support staff decisions to self-quarantine due to reasons of comfort or family concerns, while fully understanding many staff who continue to want and need to work to provide for themselves and their family. These are very real conversations that we are having, and as a result we as a company have made the decision to support all staff.
OUR CONTINUED EFFORTS
In an effort to provide as much peace of mind as you plan or prepare for your upcoming trip to beautiful Camden, Maine, we want you to be aware of additional precautionary steps the Bay View Collection staff are taking to help minimize the spread or transmission of bacteria or viruses at our hotel properties:
- All staff who are sick or feeling as if they are getting sick are instructed to stay home and not come into work. Some of our positions are able to work remotely.
- Front desk and housekeeping staff are regularly applying hospital grade disinfectant cleaners to all touch surfaces throughout our common areas and public restrooms every 2-3 hours.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guests at the front desk and antibacterial soap is used in our public restrooms.
- Daily housekeeping service for stay-over rooms has been temporarily postponed to protect both our staff and our guests from unnecessary exposure. Guests in need of fresh towels, toiletries, paper goods, etc. can request them as needed for daily delivery to their room.
- Upon departure, guest rooms will be left vacant whenever possible for two or more days to allow additional deep cleaning measures. This would involve placing an ozone machine in the room to help sanitize and disinfect any surface and airborne bacteria or viruses as much as possible. Whenever possible, we will also place guests in rooms as separated as possible from other occupied rooms both on the same floor as well as the floors above and below.
- As clean and welcoming as our guest rooms already are, Housekeepers are taking extra steps to disinfect touch surfaces throughout the room to include the TV remotes, door and drawer handles, light switches, telephones, bathroom fixtures, furniture armrests, and alarm clock using hospital grade germicidal spray.
- Laundry wash cycles and temperatures have been calibrated to thoroughly sanitize linens and terry products even more than we usually do.
- All staff have been instructed to wash hands much more frequently than industry standard and use hand sanitizer as often as needed.
- Maintenance staff are cleaning and disinfecting all HVAC filters on a much more frequent basis.
- Our daily delivered continental breakfast has been modified to provide much more control over food safety and sanitation and still provide a nice breakfast experience for guests to enjoy in their guest rooms.
- Our sister property’s lobby bar, Vintage Room, is temporarily closed. Their rooftop bar & restaurant, The View, is open daily from 4pm-9pm through October 12, 2020.
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY
Given the unique circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus Pandemic we are making the following adjustments to our individual and group booking policies to give guests extra peace of mind:
- Existing Reservations. All reservations booked directly with our property made on or before March 26th, 2020 – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before October 31st, 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. Or, your full deposit can be placed on a gift card for a future stay.
- New Reservations. For a limited time, any new reservations made after March 26, 2020, booked directly with our property, for stays between June 1st and October 31st, 2020, will enjoy our new no-hassle, penalty-free cancellation guarantee. Cancel anytime up to 24 hours prior to your arrival and receive a full deposit refund, no questions asked. New reservations for any stay on or after November 1, 2020 will default to our normal cancellation policy. Any and all future reservations can adjust arrival and stay dates with no penalty, or your full deposit can be placed on a gift card for a future stay.
- Group Bookings. Any group event – even those with “non-refundable” deposits – that are scheduled between now and June 30th, 2020, can be moved or amended at no charge up to 72 hours before their scheduled arrival. For cancellations, please call our Group Sales Manager to learn more about our flexible options.
Contact our reservations team and they’ll do everything they can to assist. Whether you are traveling now or in the future, we are ready to welcome you with the hospitality you have come to know and expect. Lastly, all of us here at Bay View Collection wish you health and happiness. We understand that travel is a very important part of everyone’s wellness and revitalization. We continue to hope for the best, and for the world to once again be comforted in good health. We look forward to that day and stand here ready to welcome you with warm smiles and hospitality.
If you want the best rate at Grand Harbor Inn, go straight to the source. That would be right here, at GrandHarborInn.com or by calling (877) 553-6997. Why book directly with us? The short list includes:
1. Guaranteed Lowest Rate. Always find the lowest rates on our website with our 10% OFF Prepaid Rate. If you happen to find a lower rate anywhere else, which we know you won’t, we’ll not only match it, but we’ll also treat you to a complimentary $25 Dining Credit to a local restaurant of your choice.
2. No Hidden Fees. No sneaky booking or resort fees added at the last minute.
3. Complimentary Parking. Book direct and receive complimentary overnight parking. Normally a $15 fee per night when booking through an online travel agent such as Expedia or Booking.com.
4. Complete Confidence. We guarantee that the specific room you book with us is the room you get! When you book with a 3rd party travel agent, we can’t always guarantee that the information you received during the booking process is up-to-date and accurate. When you book with us, you can choose the exact room you want as long as it is available. Our reservations agent will always recommend the best available room.
5. Always Here For You. Booking is quick and easy on our site or by phone. If you need help or have a questions, we are a phone call away 24/7.
Check-in time is anytime after 3pm and check-out time is by 11am. If your room is vacant and clean prior to 3pm, we’d be happy to check you in early.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card. A deposit equal to 50% of your stay is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance of your stay plus any additional charges accrued during your stay will be due at check-out. A valid picture ID and Credit Card will be required at check-in.
NO HASSLE, PENALTY FREE, 24-HOUR CANCELLATION GUARANTEE
Given the unique circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus Pandemic we are making the following adjustments to our individual and group booking policies to give guests extra peace of mind and flexibility when booking:
- New Reservations. For a limited time, any new reservations, booked directly with our property, for stays between June 1st and October 31st, 2020, will enjoy our new
no-hassle, penalty-free cancellation guarantee. Cancel anytime up to 24 hours prior to your arrival and receive a full deposit refund, no questions asked. New reservations for any stay on or after November 1, 2020 will default to our normal cancellation policy (see below). Any and all future reservations can adjust arrival and stay dates with no penalty, or your full deposit can be placed on a gift card for a future stay.
RESERVATIONS FOR NOVEMBER 1st, 2020 & BEYOND
Cancellations made up to 72-hours (3 days) prior to your arrival will receive the refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made with less than 72-hours (3 days) notice prior to arrival, or no-shows, will be charged room and tax for the entire stay booked. Departing early will be regarded as a last-minute cancellation, and the guest will be charged room and tax for the entire stay booked.
For guests who book directly with our property (online or by phone), we offer FREE overnight parking. For guests booking through a third party travel agent, such as Booking.com or Expedia.com, we charge a $15 fee per night per vehicle. Upon arrival park in any available parking space in front of our hotel (in the alley-way or landing) to check-in, load and unload your luggage. Upon check-in our front desk will provide a parking permit and further directions on where to park for the duration of your stay. During the peak summer months, we provide valet parking for your convenience. Please lock your vehicle at all times as Grand Harbor Inn and its agents will not be responsible for loss or damage to cars parked in our designated lot. Understand that local street parking is limited to 2-hours and vehicles will be ticketed if this time limit is exceeded. To avoid ticketing, please park in our lot at all times.
There is a $50/pet/night fee for guests traveling with dogs. We allow a maximum of two dogs per room of any size or breed. For more pet policy information, visit Pet Friendly.
Rates are double occupancy. If there are more than 2 guests per room, there is a $50/night additional charge per person for anyone age 16 and up and a $35/night additional charge for kids 15 and under. Toddlers & infants 3 years of age or younger stay free. Most rooms can only accommodate two guests, however, some of our suites can accommodate up to four (4) guests.
Dedicated to providing a clean, comfortable and relaxing environment for both our guests and staff, the Grand Harbor Inn is proudly 100% SMOKE FREE. We ask that all guests refrain from smoking in all rooms, balconies, common areas, and within 50 feet of the Inn’s entrances during their stay. Guests may be asked to leave without reimbursement and assessed a cleaning charge ($300 minimum) if it has been determined that they have been smoking in their room or other areas of the Inn.